Michael Stanton - OF Marlins

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tig

Michael Stanton - OF Marlins

#1 Post by Tig »

Any chance he makes the club? assuming Coghlan, Maybin and Ross are the lead candidates for the slots, that would put him in competition with Brett Carroll & Jai Miller for the 4th spot, no?

So, does he have a shot to make the team? Would they carry him if he wouldnt get everyday AB's?

does he have a shot to start? Possibly beating out Maybin, therefore, sliding Ross to CF and giving him the RF job?

or is there another OF'er Im missing?

david_hume

Re: Michael Stanton - OF Marlins

#2 Post by david_hume »

i'm sure perry and lawr will chime in with more informed opinions, but here's mine. he won't make the club without an injury to a starter. the three you mentioned have starting jobs locked up and the team will want stanton playing every day somewhere. he certainly has a shot to be up sometime this year and he is among the best hitting prospects out there, but i don't see him on the opening day roster.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Maybin is hurt which may be an opening, but I agree, more seasoning is in order.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Tig wrote:Any chance he makes the club? assuming Coghlan, Maybin and Ross are the lead candidates for the slots, that would put him in competition with Brett Carroll & Jai Miller for the 4th spot, no?

So, does he have a shot to make the team? Would they carry him if he wouldnt get everyday AB's?

does he have a shot to start? Possibly beating out Maybin, therefore, sliding Ross to CF and giving him the RF job?

or is there another OF'er Im missing?
Late to the party, but here are my thoughts
1) ZERO....he will start in the minors
2) No, Stanton like any top prospect who is not starting needs to play every day

Currently the Marlins outfielders are: Maybin, Ross, and Cohglan, followed by Carroll and Miller and they will get Bonifacio sometime in the outfield as well.

Stanton is a great prospect - light tower power as they say, but not quite ready yet