Jorge Jiminez - This year's Dan Uggla??

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
deansdaddy

Jorge Jiminez - This year's Dan Uggla??

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

I always like to take a glance at the Rule 5 guys heading into ST - just to get a sense of who might actually stick on a roster and get a shot to make a Dan Uggla-like splash from off the radar.

The only name that really stuck out on this year's list to me was Jorge Jiminez - mainly because he's a Marlin and a 3B. It seems to me that the loser of the L Morrison/G Sanchez battle likely heads back to AAA and Jiminez maybe sticks as the backup at 3B and 1B. Stranger things have happen - but if Jiminez hits - Cantu could slide back to 1B.

Perry - have you ever seen this guy play and does anyone think he's worth a $1 bid in an NL only league?

The other guy I am curious about is OF Jamie Hoffman - who the Yanks nabbed from LA - seems like the Yanks were covering their bases in case they traded Gardner - but with all the guys they brought in seems unlikely he makes the roster.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Jorge Jiminez - This year's Dan Uggla??

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

He is going to be added for the 3/11 update, though I don't know how many AB. But at least you'll have an idea of his skills.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

deansdaddy wrote:I always like to take a glance at the Rule 5 guys heading into ST - just to get a sense of who might actually stick on a roster and get a shot to make a Dan Uggla-like splash from off the radar.

The only name that really stuck out on this year's list to me was Jorge Jiminez - mainly because he's a Marlin and a 3B. It seems to me that the loser of the L Morrison/G Sanchez battle likely heads back to AAA and Jiminez maybe sticks as the backup at 3B and 1B. Stranger things have happen - but if Jiminez hits - Cantu could slide back to 1B.

Perry - have you ever seen this guy play and does anyone think he's worth a $1 bid in an NL only league?

The other guy I am curious about is OF Jamie Hoffman - who the Yanks nabbed from LA - seems like the Yanks were covering their bases in case they traded Gardner - but with all the guys they brought in seems unlikely he makes the roster.
HA....finally a guy I have not seen play in Jiminez

Jiminez - I doubt there is any chance he makes the Opening Day roster from what I have read on the Marlins....even if he did, you would have to be in a two year rebuilding phase to roster him.....draft him in the reserves, maybe but not even for a buck if you are trying to win.......I checked Sickels 2010 rankings and he only has him as a "C" prospect

Hoffman - meh, I have never been a big Hoffman fan....just average to me having seen him several times....could he progress and be roster worthy.....maybe yes, but I don't think playing for the Yankees is going to get him enough playing time, so he would be a risk even as a minor league pick if you would lose him if he went back to the NL......needs to be in an organization that could really give him a shot and let him play.....or have an incredible year at AAA and get a chance based on that.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

And back to Boston he goes. As for Hoffman ...smart money says it's Thames as the 5th OF rather than Hoffman.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Yep - saw that myself - thanks for the update.