Chad Qualls

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
IronMarshal

Chad Qualls

#1 Post by IronMarshal »

How is Chad Qualls' health (Knee)?
I have to set my keeper list this weekend and have to decide between Qualls at $4, Heath Bell at $11, and Josh Johnson at $15. It is an NL only 5x5 keeper league. I already have Lincecum and Broxton cheap as keepers (along with Howard, H Ramirez, Pence and Jay Bell, all cheap- only allowed 7).

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Chad Qualls

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I personally wouldn't care if it were bionic, I prefer Johnson.

But it is supposedly fine.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

david_hume

#3 Post by david_hume »

IronMarshal wrote:I already have Lincecum and Broxton cheap as keepers (along with Howard, H Ramirez, Pence and Jay Bell
i hope you're playing the 1999 season this year. 38/112 from the ss position!

lawr
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by lawr »

i too prefer johnson since you have broxton, but, bell is also worthy of consideration. actually, qualls at four is too. jack straw.

IronMarshal

#5 Post by IronMarshal »

Ooops, Sorry, That is supposed to be Heath Bell.

I am starting to pull away from the second reliever and lean towards Johnson. Originally I was leaning on Bell, but Qualls is so much cheaper, and I thought I could get Johnson for $20 in the draft, but now I am thinking he may go higher. Also, Lincecum and Johnson for $30 total is a great start on a taff. Throw in Broxton with a contract for a one year extension for a total of $8 for him and $38 for the three, and I have the makings of a very good, relatively inexpensive staff. Although Lincecum, Broxton and Qualls for $27 isn't bad either.

My seven keepers with Johnson will cost me $96 of my $260. That is more expensive than most of the other teams, but the talent is better too.