Trevor Cahill - ETA: 2009 or 2010?

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
uharchmajor

Trevor Cahill - ETA: 2009 or 2010?

#1 Post by uharchmajor »

Does anybody that follows minor league call-ups close enough have an ETA on Cahill? I've heard everything from 2009 All-Star break to 2009 Sept Call up to Spring 2010.

freddiebeach
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 roto

Re: Trevor Cahill - ETA: 2009 or 2010?

#2 Post by freddiebeach »

My gut says 2009. I've even read there is a slight possibility that Cahill could win the 5th rotation spot out of camp. Training camp will tell all.
Tim Comeau
Mactaquac Marauders

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

I don't think he gets called up unless there's a boatload of injuries until at least September. OAK has a bunch of candidates for the rotation - Duchscherer, Eveland, Gonzalez, Gallagher, Braden, Outman and Simmons - although, admittedly, most of them are inferior to Cahill as far as potential goes. I don't think they are going to push him.

uharchmajor

#4 Post by uharchmajor »

Any new thoughts about Cahill? It seems 2009 is his ETA for sure. Still looking at a chance to break camp in the rotation but likely to start in AAA until early to mid June.

I'm trying to figure a projection for him.
100 IP, 5 W, 1.20 WHIP, 3.90 ERA and 85 K

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

uharchmajor wrote:Any new thoughts about Cahill? It seems 2009 is his ETA for sure. Still looking at a chance to break camp in the rotation but likely to start in AAA until early to mid June.

I'm trying to figure a projection for him.
100 IP, 5 W, 1.20 WHIP, 3.90 ERA and 85 K
Rumor now has it he will break camp with the team (and some speculate he'll pitch the second game of the year).... with a big BUT .... will he stay up after the first few weeks of the season when some of the injured arms get healthier? And how will he perform? Just because he's arrived doesn't mean he'll do any good right now. This is a 21 year old kid ...I'd temper my expectations.

If THAT scenario comes to pass, I'd have to ask what would have to change between then and mid June to call him back up?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams