Top Prospect

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
bahamamike

Top Prospect

#1 Post by bahamamike »

It seems as if most places are ranking Strasburg and Heyward as the top prospects in the minors this year. Well I am blessed with the top pick in a minor league draft, and I am debating between the two. This is 5x5, h2h, 20 teams, regular stats. I am seriously debating between the two. So what is everyone's opinions of the two?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Top Prospect

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

They are both at the head of their respective classes and it really comes down to your personal philosophy with respect to how you handle pitching in your league. I honestly do not think there is enough separation in terms of quality of prospect to use that as the deciding factor.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

I'd almost always go with the hitter. Heyward could get the job out of spring this year and I think he'd produce quicker than Strasburg. Almost the only time I go with a pitcher is if I already have a few hitting prospects and the pitcher is ranked high enough for me to spin him off for another good hitting prospect. Jason is the guy for me here...hands down.

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#4 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Agree with the two previous posts.
1. Depends on your philosophy with respect to hitters/pitchers in your league
2. If it were me, I'd take Heyward
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy