MB'09 - Chris Dickerson

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

MB'09 - Chris Dickerson

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I guess I'm missing something here - so many people seem to be high on him and I can't figure out why. So please, good MB'ers - educate me - a 100 AB sampling makes a 27 year old rookie worth $8-10 units in an NL only and a starting OF? Has he suddenly displayed previously hidden talents I'm unaware of? I ask because I see the projected Reds OF - unstable isn't the WORD for it.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Re: MB'09 - Chris Dickerson

#2 Post by Guest »

I just think he strikes out too much to be a legitimate option. Shawn mentions him I think in the prospects forum as well, if people want to pay him like a stable OF option, all the better for you.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Posting this with some pause as the past couple of years, when I did something like this, it would serve to stifle further discussion, so if you have a dissenting opinion, please share.

This is from my blog, where I shared my PICKS and PANS for the Fantasy Baseball Guide Magazine, though I unfortunately missed the deadline for publication.

HITTER PAN

Chris Dickerson – Dickerson might be a popular end-game selection based on his late-season performance, but the truth is his production was fueled by a fortunate .410 BABIP, masking his below-average contact skills. He also displayed more power than in the minors which is not guaranteed to manifest again.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

maddog

#4 Post by maddog »

hmmm,Dusty baker+J.Jones+D.Ward=how many ABs for Chris :lol: he still have C.patterson around ?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

FWIW, Patterson is a National, another team that likes to hoard marginal outfielders.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Pretty much confirms what I thought ... but with so much love in the air on this guy from so many sources (including one from USA Today's 100 Names To Know, no less), I was wondering if I had forgotten the secret password to the meeting or something.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams