AL Only Minor League Draft

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
RandyKutcherHair

AL Only Minor League Draft

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

How would you rank the following AL prospects in terms of offensive potential?

Tim Beckham, Gordan Beckham, Eric Hosmer, Justin Smoak, Aaron Hicks, Dayan Viciedo, Brandon Allen, Michael Almanzar, Ryan Westmoreland, Mark Trumbo, Lonnie Chisenhall, David Cooper, Danny Valencia, Luke Hughes, & J.P. Arencibia? (listed in no particular order right now)

This is a keeper dynasty league so most of the top prospects are already owned. A prospect isn't draft eligible until the year after he is drafted or signed for international guys.

ShawnC

Re: AL Only Minor League Draft

#2 Post by ShawnC »

Hmm... I'm playing with a system that looks at both potential and chances of making it there. The first number is a rating for potential 1-10. 10 being someone like Pujols/ARod, 9 is someone like Brian Roberts/ARam... The second is the odds of them realizing that potential. This is something I've really just started playing with, so it's crude at best right now, but I did happen to apply it to a few of the players you have listed the other day. I've been w/o a computer for the better part of a 2 weeks and I've got some other things to catch up on, for both here and other places. Give me a few days and I'll try to do this for all of your players after I get caught up... for now here are a few.

Tim Beckham 10 (5%) / 9 (35%) / 8 (35%) / 7 or lower (25%) - A safe bet to be a better than average player with a slight chance to be elite.

Eric Hosmer 10 (20%) / 9 (35%) / 8 (10%) / 7 or lower (35%) - I think he hits the snot out of the ball and becomes a monster or flames out, not much in between. He's either a top 1B or he's Ryan Harvey.

rotodog

#3 Post by rotodog »

Aside of what was said above, I can tell you that Smoak is Legit! And he is closer than most of the rest. You might have to wait a while to see some potential on other guys. How long did owner have to own BJ UPTON in the past to realize some value..I think SMOAK will become a MONSTER ...

I always like Mark Trumbo too as a Low end, long term guy...He is now starting to show promise.....

AllstonRockCity

#4 Post by AllstonRockCity »

All things considered this is how i see it...
1.Hosmer
2.Smoak
3.T.Beckham
4.Hicks
5.G.Beckham
6.Westy
7.Almanzar
8.Viciedo
9.Allen
10.Cooper
11.Trumbo
12.Arencibia
10.Chisenhall
11.Hughes
12.Valencia

RandyKutcherHair

#5 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Good stuff guys. ShawnC, I'm interested in more of your systems results.

I'll leave this out there for a couple of more days and then list the minor league pitchers of interest for this year.