CVRC - Cs vs NonCs

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

CVRC - Cs vs NonCs

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I just ran the latest CVRC for a 15 team mixed (standard setup) and got 196 non-catchers and only 14 catchers in the positive player pool. I feel like this is something you have addressed before, but I could not find a thread relating to this. As a general observation, all the catcher values are about $10 less than they were in the Feb. 1st release.

Thanks!
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC - Cs vs NonCs

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I would not trust the standard set up as it cannot be made standard for all mixed pools.

I would suggest using customize with 2 pools, C and non-C.

If you want to go via position, I would go through the steps on the primer, count up each position and enter that number, but with CI/MI/UT and multi-eligible players, it really is not necessary.

If you get say 23 C >$1, I wouldn't sweat it.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I don't know ... I'm still having issues even when I try to customize. I think there is something wrong with the NL catcher pool (maybe a position sort that is off). Nick Hundley is currently the No. 1 catcher for a 12 team NL-only league at $27. He is followed by Jonathan Lucroy, George Kottaras, Koyie Hill, and then finally Brian McCann.
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

if you zip and e-mail me that CVRC, I can take a look

todd @ mastersball.com
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I fixed the problem in my copy, but you will need to update the zipped file available for everyone else.

The PPOS column (column F) is sorted incorrectly for some reason. For example, Edgar Renteria's listed PPOS is C. Fortunately, the QPOS column appears to be correct. Therefore, I was able to use the following formula to update the PPOS column in my file:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("C",E2,1)),IF(ISERROR(FIND("2B",E2,1)),IF(ISERROR(FIND("SS",E2,1)),IF(ISERROR(FIND("3B",E2,1)),IF(ISERROR(FIND("1B",E2,1)),"OF","1B"),"3B"),"SS"),"2B"),"C")

Yes, I love IF statements (too bad there is a limit on them) ... I think I could have used the LOOKUP function too.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I need to fix Gary Matthews and Kevin Gregg, so I will send a clean version into the hope office this evening

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Uploaded the new file --