Paul and Mac Excel 2008

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Paul and Mac Excel 2008

#1 Post by shif6 »

If I open a Paul file, I am told that visual basic macros do not work in mac excel 2008. I do not know what a visual basic macro is, so I opened Paul pitchers. And sure enough, it worked until I tried to generate values. I can and will try to use Paul by eliminating the offending macros before opening excel, but I am guessing that won't work either. Edit: So I tried it and same problem when I click to generate values, nothing happens.
Paul works fine on my PC with an older version of excel. Is the problem the mac version or is it the 2008 excel?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Paul and Mac Excel 2008

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

The macros are needed to run the program. There is a way to make it work on Macs, I'm just not sure how to do it. I can try to find out. What I can offer is for people to contact me via PM and I can run their settings and provide the results.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#3 Post by shif6 »

Todd (or anyone else who has the most recent version of excel for pc's)
Are you saying that Paul will work on 2008 excel for pc's (or whatever the most recent excel pc version is)? If so, I can use bootcamp and have it installed on the windows side of the mac.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

yes, it works on the most recent version, far as I know. I have to actually save my documents as an older version in order for them to be accessible by everyone
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

JP Kastner

#5 Post by JP Kastner »

Office 2008 for the Mac does not include Visual Basic for Applications so PAUL will not work. Office 2004 might work. You may want to check out Open Office. It supports some VBA.