Al Keeper problem

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Al Keeper problem

#1 Post by shif6 »

AL 5x5 12 owners. My co-owner and I can keep 8. Hitting inflation is about 30%. Assume that those with minor league contracts will not be in the minors at the time of our draft. That would mean we would have to include them as regular keepers. We could keep them for two years at $5 and would need to give them a $5 raise to keep in 2011 or a $10 raise to keep them through 2012.

We are planning to keep pitchers Price $5 (currently minor league contract) and Ryan $13. We also plan to keep Morales (currently minor league contract; whether we keep depends upon his being the starting first baseman), Aviles $3 (second year contract would have to give $5 raise to keep in 2010), and Carlos Pena $11 (giving him two five dollar raises from a $1 to keep him this year and next).

Which one do you not keep (or possibly pair with someone else in a trade) of the following 4? Travis Snyder $5 (a minor league contract; assume he is starting); Crisp 13 (a second year contract); Mauer 23 (a second year contract); Hunter 25 (a second year contract).

I am inclined to keep Snyder because of his long term upside and Mauer because he is a catcher and he pairs well with Pena. Crisp is probably a mild bargain and Hunter is about at value (as is Mauer) and he is not getting younger, but given the inflation we would likely have to pay $28+ to get him at the auction (depending on when he gets nominated.

Advice appreciated

cwk1963

Re: Al Keeper problem

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

I wouldn't keep Hunter. I seem to be more up on Coco Crispy this year than others here. LA didn't add anyone to help out with their offense and they aren't getting any younger.

drapes

#3 Post by drapes »

I'm with cwk, let Hunter go.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Curious - what are the factors determining a player's minor league status in your league? I can not see how Morales qualifies as a minor leaguer, so his status would affect the keeper list I would suggest to you. Unless, of course, you mean if Morales makes the team or not - in which case don't you have to account for him on your active roster until (or if) he's sent down?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Mojo Jojo

#5 Post by Mojo Jojo »

i concur with the other who say kick hunter to the curb