Pretty aggressive Carlos Santana Projection..

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
whammer
Major League Regular

Pretty aggressive Carlos Santana Projection..

#1 Post by whammer »

I have C Santana, -all the chatter I have read out of Clev - wrist, inexperience, signed Redmond, that he is looking at Sept...found it interesting that you guys see 200 plus ab's for him.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Pretty aggressive Carlos Santana Projection..

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I haven't seen anything from the Cleveland brass other than the report on 1/22 when they signed Redmond, I will do some due diligence, but I don't see Marson/Redmond/Toregas blocking Santana if he is ready.

Taking Toregas off the projections shows how we feel that battle will go.

Chris Gimenez is still around to catch in a pinch.

We are thinking more of a post All-Star break call up for Santana and basically full time after that.

This assumes he recovers from the hamate issue.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: Pretty aggressive Carlos Santana Projection..

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

As long as Santana comes into Spring Training healthy, hits in AAA, and shows continued improvement behind the plate I agree with Todd's time table. The Cleveland catching situation reminds me a bit of Baltimore's catching situation last year. The O's got by with what they had for about 2 months - delaying Wieters' service time - then called him up at the end of May. I could envision something very similar with Santana (except with a call up closer to the AS break). Let's face it, Cleveland is not going to be very good this year (kinda like Baltimore last year). I expect to see some youngsters given extended looks throughout the season (again like Baltimore in 2009).
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy