MB'09 - Justin Upton

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

MB'09 - Justin Upton

#1 Post by Bodhizefa »

Is he a superstar yet? :)

P.S. I love the walk rates. Keep that up while lowering your strikeouts and you're gonna be a good one.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

msugray

Re: MB'09 - Justin Upton

#2 Post by msugray »

One question I have about Justin Upton is whether he will add stolen bases to his repertoire.

I think he will develop into a strong 3-4 category performer, but will he be a 4-5 category performer to drive him into the upper eschelon of fantasy players.

Are stolen bases in his future? Baserunning is a skill that can be improved upon.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

there is something about him that I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it but it is there. It's very unlikely I would ever draft him. Someone else can have his breakout season.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

msugray wrote:One question I have about Justin Upton is whether he will add stolen bases to his repertoire.

I think he will develop into a strong 3-4 category performer, but will he be a 4-5 category performer to drive him into the upper eschelon of fantasy players.

Are stolen bases in his future? Baserunning is a skill that can be improved upon.
Every scouting report I've read or heard has stated that Justin Upton is an extremely fast runner. On the other hand, I've heard Upton say himself that he doesn't feel comfortable running on big league pitchers yet because he has no idea how to read them. It's an area that, if he works hard on it, he could certainly post high teens or even 20-something steals. But I don't have any insight as to whether that's an area he's focusing on at the moment or not. I sure wish I did ;)
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.