MB'09 - Kevin Slowey

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

MB'09 - Kevin Slowey

#1 Post by Bodhizefa »

I'm going to start tossing out some pitcher names from my Tiers that were either questioned by other posters or myself when I was ranking them.

Slowey is someone I feel pretty good about. I've heard others say that both Liriano and Scott Baker should have been ranked above Slowey, and I feel that's a fairly questionable assertion. Maybe you could rank Liriano ahead if you based it solely on upside, but Liriano showed neither the stuff last year nor any semblance of durability over the span of his career to lead me into believing he's an unquestionable better bet than Slowey next season. I love Liriano's skillset from two years ago, but will he ever re-emerge with that stuff? And can he stay healthy? And Baker has some durability questions, too.

As for Slowey, he's just simply very good already. He doesn't have a huge amount of upside from where he already is, but he's already so darned good that it doesn't matter much. Keep it up, Kevin. You're appreciated!
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

uharchmajor

Re: MB'09 - Kevin Slowey

#2 Post by uharchmajor »

I'm targeting this guy for the middle to back end of my starting rotation and will be VERY happy when I am able to do so. I think Bod and I are on the same page on this one.

Mojo Jojo

Re: MB'09 - Kevin Slowey

#3 Post by Mojo Jojo »

i like slowey too. a real lot if he gets a few more ground balls this year...