Draft Help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
joshua

Draft Help

#1 Post by joshua »

In a 14 team 5x5 league, and drafting 7th. My first 2 picks were Kemp and Votto (Miggy jr.). I figure I'm around 55 hrs to 60 and 40 sb's, .300 avg. I would like to throw some names out for round 3, and see what response I get: Adrian Gonzalez, Mark Reynolds, Victor Martinez, Jose Reyes, Pablo Sandoval, or maybe even Morneau. I seem every year to get clubber after clubber, push pitching back, along with speed, and seem to have power laden teams with bad pitching and no speed. Kemp was hard for me to take, but I forced myself to take him. I was thinking to pluck down reynolds, then pick up BA with Tejada or Bartlett around the 6th -8th rounds . The fear is I'm buying this year's version of Ryan Ludwick with Reynolds. Adrian or Morneau would be nice, but then I lock up 2 first basemen in the first 3 rounds. If I buy Sandoval, I'm buying virtually the same skill set as Votto, but I have my 3rd base position locked down. I would love to hear some comment and ideas you might have.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft Help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Are any of the following available?

Brian Roberts
Brandon Phillips
Dustin Pedroia
Derek Jeter
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

joshua

#3 Post by joshua »

all 4 of them are available.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

[drool]If you are up and all 4 are available [/drool], I would jump all over Phillips.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

joshua

#5 Post by joshua »

i can do that. and i like it. i get some pop, and some rbi's with some nice sb's. thank you...

rotodog

#6 Post by rotodog »

One more piece of advice, Take a look at the 15 team mock going on right now in another thread......Just make the 1 player per rd adjustment for only 14 teams in your league....

AllstonRockCity

#7 Post by AllstonRockCity »

and speaking as the guy who took Phillips at 28 overall in that draft, "DO IT!!"