Keep A. Rodriguez ($60)???

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
JediKnights

Keep A. Rodriguez ($60)???

#1 Post by JediKnights »

I need to select 2 more keepers from this list of players:
A. Rodriguez ($60)
N. Cruz ($10)
M. Wieters ($10)
S. Choo ($10)
K. Slowey ($10)
I'm leaning towards M. Wieters (job blocked by Zaun?) or N. Cruz (MLB ready full time?) otherwise I'd go with A. Rod ($60). Who would you suggest?

cwk1963

Re: Keep A. Rodriguez ($60)???

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

I would not go with Arod for $60. Nevermind no profit at all, that's deficit spending. You can get someone else for much, much lower and use the money elsewhere. I don't think spending nearly 25% of your budget on 1 person is wise. In a 6 team league there'll be plenty of talent to go around. I would go with Wieters and 1 of the others - they're pretty interchangeable as far as I see it.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Love ARod but not at that price. Agree with cwk's reasoning. You other choices are not all that enticing at those salaries but if someone put a gun to my head I'd choose Weiters and Cruz. Although I don't think Cruz can sustain a .300 Avg in the majors he does have pop and his home is Texas. It's his job unless he shows that last year was a fluke.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#4 Post by shif6 »

I do not see why you need to keep two of these.The prices are too high. I would keep none of them.

Fish

#5 Post by Fish »

Yeah, I'm with everyone else on A Rod being way too expensive. Wieters is supposed to be the starter, I believe. Zaun's gotta be Baltimore's insurance in case the young guy runs into trouble. If you have to keep two, I'd be tempted to make them Wieters and Choo. But, at $10, that's kind of a lot for an untested catcher.

Larry