Todd and the NFBC?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Walla Walla

Todd and the NFBC?

#1 Post by Walla Walla »

Todd are you returning this year to the NFBC? Hope not! :lol:

Walla Walla

Re: Todd and the NFBC?

#2 Post by Walla Walla »

Sorry I asked the question. I forgot that Tout Wars was the same weekend. Of course you'll be doing that. Sinking Ship that it is. :mrgreen:

JP Kastner

#3 Post by JP Kastner »

Tout Wars will always be more important than the NFBC. I play both. Tout Wars is more of a challenge. Attacking Tout Wars on the Mastersball forum probably isn't a good idea. With the merger, Mastersball has five seats.

Walla Walla

#4 Post by Walla Walla »

More important than the NFBC? Sure for those that hide behind the so called expert label.
Step up and put the money on the line. That other contest is a joke. Sorry. :lol:

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

John -- JP and Brian Walton both won their NFBC leagues last season.

As for you comment on Tout Wars, as my high school physics teacher used to like to say, everyone is allowed an opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Walla Walla

#6 Post by Walla Walla »

Well at least Jason Gray is returning to the NFBC. Mr Mastersball himself. :lol:

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

It's Grey and please tell him I say "hi".
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

deansdaddy

#8 Post by deansdaddy »

Hey Walla Walla

Do you realllly have to bring your tired act to these boards??? :roll:

Nobody's interested - and Todd and the boys don't deserve your comments.

None of these guys has anything to prove to anyone - least of all you.

Walla Walla

#9 Post by Walla Walla »

Hey take a chill pill. I respect these guys and have gone head to head with them in the past.
I've won a couple and lost alot. In the end it is just a game ad I'm just having fun. :D

lawr
Major League All-Star

#10 Post by lawr »

u know walla walla, it is just a game, and the sub text of your "smack talk" suggests you take it a lot more seriously than you admit.

if you did not, you would not tag your signature with leagues you have (always the sign of an insecure human, to follow their name with phd or esq or some such crap) won.

your act is wearisome, and, weather you know it or not, you are not well thought of within the fantasy community because of it. and, unfortunately, i mean the core of the industry.

none of us would willingly play against you because of your mouth and attitude and the crap that you post "in fun." you will never get nominated to play in any serious competition because of that rep.

and, i don't say this to be mean, or harsh, or anything other than tell you what we (the shandlers and zolas and greys and ericksons and kreutzers of the world, who are at the core) see and how we like to play.

not to mention the attitude we expect.

it is tiresome, it is old, and well, you are not even close to funny. larry schecter is bob newhart to your larry the cable guy, and though larry is a very good player, i don't think he is funny at all. so, take that in context.

lawr

Walla Walla

#11 Post by Walla Walla »

lawr, To tell the truth I forgot about titles being attached. As far as the rest of your insight I won't try to argue it. I would never expect to be in a experts league. I'm not a pro and do it for fun. I'll make sure I don't make any more posts here.

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#12 Post by shif6 »

Don't personally know Walla Walla or Lawr. It strikes me that Walla Walla's chill out post calling someone a pill was probably over the line. But Lawr's post strikes me as way over the top of what should appear on these boards. I do not care what the history has been. Civility should be maintained on these boards. It has in the past.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Todd Zola »

And those responsible for maintaining the civility will do just that.

There is a history and it is relevant.

That said, there are far too many things exciting things happening here, with Tout Wars and with the NFBC that deserve our attention and discussion so hopefully that will be the focus going forward.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#14 Post by lawr »

u r correct shift6. courtesy is always appropriate. if i crossed that line, i apologize.

and, as todd said, there is history. and, as todd said, there is a lot going on to discuss in the baseball world, for sure. let's focus on that.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I am all for civility on these boards. I have no idea who this Walla Walla person is, nor do I really care. He seemingly purports to have accomplished things, somehow believing a reputation precedes him and implies through a not so direct challenge that his playground was the sport for the "in" crowd because he was participating and that all others should simply behold Ozymandias and pay homage. One might think that sort of thing is better suited to a PM than some sort of challenge posted on a public forum, but I suppose I'm just old school that way. Publicity such as that seems to be just self serving.

You have nothing to apologize for, lawr, IMHO.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#16 Post by Tampa Bob »

For a minute I thought Lawr was channeling Mosey.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#17 Post by SteveB »

da_big_kid_94 wrote: that all others should simply behold Ozymandias and pay homage. .

only here do we get a Ozymandias reference....very nice Kid LOL

lawr
Major League All-Star

#18 Post by lawr »

agreed. it is a pleasure to interact with folks who have broad and well rounded points of refernce...kudos (i was gonna write seomthing but was trying not to go overkill on this thread). the reference made me seriously smile!!

deansdaddy

#19 Post by deansdaddy »

I'll apologize to John as well in the spirit of reconciliation.

My post was prompted by having to see Walla do this repeatedly on the NFBC boards and yearly on the HQ boards.

My point was that Walla Walla should keep those posts on the NFBC board - where a certain level of trash talk regarding the "contests" is appropriate and characters are welcome. ;)

lawr
Major League All-Star

#20 Post by lawr »

boy, talk about the thread that would not go away...

and, i am certainly one who believes in both freedom of speech and expression. and, some modicum of trash talk, depending upon context, is one thing.

i am certain none of my mates at MB would ever have an issue with being called to task on words we wrote or an assessment, or even how we fared in a particular league. certainly, the purpose of boards is to share ideas and we would all be naive to think there would not be differences of opinions.

however, i also feel the premise of these boards is primarily for that: exchanging ideas. not ragging on anyone. and if you know todd and me, you know we can be as self depricating as anyone. and well, todd's sense of wit is famous (unfortunatly, i am only half the man he is there).

so, i don't want to kill any jocularity, let alone any familiarity. but, i do think that for the most part the idea here is to share substantive ideas.

i will also confess--and if you are a long time CS person, you know this to be true--i have posted more replies on this board over the last month than collectively during my previous 17 years in the business. so, i claim some ignorance (and i am not looking for excuses at all: i write what i write) at board propriety.

i guess what i mean is a barb in the context of the discussion is one thing. relentless hammering of something that has nothing to do with anything is what i see as inappropriate.

sorry for going on. and, i figure you guys all know this. but, john, if you are reading, you will get a lot more mileage out of your game, yourself, and your friends if you simply think about that.

in closing, my late wife and friend cathy hedgecock once said to me after a wise crack, "lawr, if it is only funny to you, it is not funny."

words to think about and live by.

now, back to my blog piece on that ridiculous colby lewis...

peace out-

lawr

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Todd Zola »

Since the question was asked...

I could not confirm anything until I was sure of my travel plans, but I have formally committed to the festivities at Citi Field in NYC, with my partner being none other than the esteemed Zen Master himself, Lawr.

I will handle the new auction championship on Friday, March 26th with Lawr as my second, at least in spirit. On Saturday, I will be Lawr's sidekick while he assembles our crack at the 100K.

maddog

#22 Post by maddog »

looking forward to checking your teams out,good luck guys. :)