He'sss Baaackkk!!!

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Mickey4081

He'sss Baaackkk!!!

#1 Post by Mickey4081 »

In 2009 these players came back too fantasy stardom....

1. Houston Street
2. Derrek Lee
3. Derek Jeter
4. Chris Carpenter
5. Robinson Cano

These players let many fantasy teams down due to injuries, coming up short or flat out busted last season and I'm sure I've left many off the list. Who will bounce back in 2010? Name a guy if I've missed one too.

1. Alex Rios
2. Carlos Quentin
3. Alfonso Soriano
4. David Wright
5. Grady Sizemore
6. Jimmy Rollins
7. Johan Santana
8. Jake Peavy
9. Lance Berkman
10. Jermaine Dye
11. BJ. Upton

NateinSpringfield

Re: He'sss Baaackkk!!!

#2 Post by NateinSpringfield »

Sizemore, Rollins and Berkman are the only ones that I would feel comfortable paying "full price" for on that list... All 3 had 2nd half peripherals that suggest they were turning it around, well at least Rollins and Berkman and Sizemore has age on his side and hopefully health.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm a bit concerned about Berkman.

Backs are weird things, he is a big guy and has a good deal of torque on his swing.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#4 Post by CubFan »

Sizemore.....but don't expect a BA much above .275
Rollins.....although I don't follow the NL that much
Peavy.....just don't pay full price and don't expect a San Diego like ERA.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

brian
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by brian »

Among other 2009 offensive disappointments:

Jose Reyes
Josh Hamilton
Troy Glaus
Chris Young
Mike Jacobs
Rick Ankiel
Garrett Atkins
Brian Walton
mastersball.com

lawr
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by lawr »

well, i think most of those guys will improve upon last year.

but, the thing to remember is it is not hit or miss with them. the key is getting them undervalued and that will be possible because they both should improve, and people tend to remember last year as opposed three years ago.

i am big on risk mitigation, so i would likely not want totake peavy and johan on the same squad, for example, but if the price was right and the risk low enough, they are both worth it.

i find success is often a factor of not being afraid to go where others won't go at all.

similarly, i am not that worried about peavy struggling that much in the AL. dominant is dominant, and he did very well over those last three starts.

similarly, dye is moving towards the end of his career, so as a cheap late play he is great and should be able to give .270-20-80. just don't expect more than that.