Anyone from the 90s yet

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Anyone from the 90s yet

#1 Post by viper »

Not a fantasy question but I'm curious if there are any MLB players or projected MLB players who are born in the 90s. If not, who might be the first?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

Re: Anyone from the 90s yet

#2 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

Viper - not yet!

you can keep track of this kind of stuff - here

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagu ... rths.shtml. That's the latest year they have compiled.
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com
Rob's Column/Blog: The Diamond Exchange

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

thanks
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

#4 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

btw - some of the first 90's kids.....my votes are (and not saying tihs year as call-ups - This year we will see a lot of the 1986 and 1987 age ranges, so the 90s may not really strike the majors until 2 to 5 more years - also note that these area not neccessarily my favorites, just guys I think will be on the fast track, though I do like quite a few of them!):

Cubs - Starlin Castro - perhaps a september call-up.
Detroit - Jacob Turner - The way they moved Porcello so quickly...makes sense to watch his rise.
Cleveland - Jason Knapp - probably one of the faster moving pitchers, but I'd hope he would stay in the minors for at least another two years
White Sox - Miguel Gonzalez
Rays - Tim Beckham - will go to high A and could get as high as AA this year
Red Sox - Ryan Westmoreland - very advanced hitter for someone so young.
San Diego - Jeff Decker
Colorado - Nolan Arenado
Cardinals - Shelby Miller
Milwaukee - Brett Lawrie

anyone I'm missing? :)
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com
Rob's Column/Blog: The Diamond Exchange

NateinSpringfield

#5 Post by NateinSpringfield »

i agree w/ Castro and if Theriot hits the 15 day expect to see him sooner...

I think Knapp wins out of all of these names barring the previous injury mentioned...