Need pitching help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
uharchmajor

Need pitching help

#1 Post by uharchmajor »

12 team H2H points league, we start 10 pitchers (so RP or SP doesn't matter). I'm not fond of relying on 4 closers, but after lossing Slowey, Johan and Cook to the DL, I have no choice. Cook is the only one looking to return this season.

My rotation today:
1. Lincecum
2. Kershaw
3. Joba
4. J.Shields
5. Nathan
6. De La Rosa
7. Francisco
8. R.Soriano
9. Arroyo
10. FRod

My bench is thin because I thought I had a pretty solid rotation that I was not to concerned with until Johan and Cook went down. Rondon (expecting a call up to the rotation), and G.Mock are all I have.

The names I'm looking at are:
1. David Huff
2. Kevin Hart
3. JD Martin
4. Brian Duensing

Not much left with 120 starters and 66 pitchers sitting on somebody's reserve roster. That's 186 pitchers gone, not including the few top minor league pitchers like Bumgarner, Alderson, Matusz, etc.
Rosters lock tomorrow night at midnight so I need to make a decision soon.

My other issue, is figuring out who I'm going to drop to pick up some pitching depth if its even helpful. Here's my lineup with (bench)
C: Montero, Miguel (Martin, Russell)
1B: Pujols, Albert
2B: Polanco, Placido (
3B: Guillen, Carlos (Beckham, Gordon)
SS: Cabrera, Asdrubal (Theriot, Ryan & Escobar, Alcides)
MI: Lopez, Felipe (Scutaro, Marco)
CI: Cabrera, Miguel
OF: Ethier, Andre
OF: Holliday, Matt
OF: Lee, Carlos N.
DH: Morales, Kendry
DH: Span, Denard (Pence, Hunter & Jennings, Desmond )

As you can see, I've got plenty of 2B/SS combos and will likely drop Escobar for a pitcher as my first option. Jennings, I'd like to keep around because we keep 2 minor leaguers every season. My first one is Strasburg. Though I also have C.Santana so I could drop one or the other. Just haven't decided which I like more between Jennings and C.Santana. Any help is appreciated.