Who's more valuable in 2010....Zobrist vs Youkilis?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Who's more valuable in 2010....Zobrist vs Youkilis?

#1 Post by CubFan »

Can protect 6 next year. 12 team AL only 5x5 keeper league with $260 cap.

I've got Youk but he has to be signed to a contract in 2010. I was going to sign him for $22 for 1 year. The other owner is playing for 1st or 2nd and has Zobrist at $5 thru 2010. I was thinking of packaging Youk with H. Matsui and David Murphy for his Zobrist, Gabe Gross and Jacobs. I currently am planning on protecting Longoria at $29 (he would then be signed thru 2011 at that salary), Hill $12, Alexi Rameriz $11 (sign thru 2011), Ellsbury $16 (thru 2010) and Nelson Cruz $13 (sign him thru 2011 or go $18 thru 2012). Zobrist's power is for real but the average looks a bit suspect. That $5 salary tag is very enticing for the position flexibility (2b, SS, OF) he offers and when I look at how much salary I'd be protecting. Would you trade the more consistent numbers of Youk and his higher salary for Zobrist's similar power numbers and considerably cheaper salary?

I'm also thinking of first offering Matsui, Willie Aybar and Murphy for Gross, Jacobs and Zobrist to see how badly he wants out of the sickly numbers of Gross and Jacobs.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -