Steinberg

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Steinberg

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

He has until August 17th to sign, or he's back in next year's pool. Now I did not realize this until a few days ago. If he doesn't sign by August 17th, the Nationals can't draft him again next year unless he gives them permission. Now, should he NOT give them permission, as of today - it's a tie between Cleveland and San Diego - with KC 1/2 game back. Now none of these three teams have the financial ability to come up with Boras' stated goals (which no on really believes anyway). If you're Boras - do you try and sign him now, let him re-enter the draft and gives the Nats permission to draft him again? Deny them permission? And if you do decided no to sign - do you encourage a three way pennant race for the next to last worst record from August 17th to the end of the season?

This situation may get interesting - it also may get very dirty.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: Steinberg

#2 Post by viper »

Stephen Strasburg
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Steinberg

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Acknowledged ...thanks for the correction, viper. Wanna know what's REALLY embarrassing about this? Check the sig - I OWN him! :oops:
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams