Need quick help on trade offer

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
capt2stu
Major Leaguer

Need quick help on trade offer

#1 Post by capt2stu »

We are in a 12 team AL 5x5 and need power, should be fine in steals with Crawford and others. This is a tough league to trade in, but one of our fellow contenders offered Hafner for Podsednik. What do you think? Is Hafner healthy enough to play most of the time?

Thanks,
Stu
15 team 5x5 Mixed Roto
Draft 3/18/18

BudSeligIsMyHero
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Points leagues, H2H 5x5 roto, 5x5 roto

Re: Need quick help on trade offer

#2 Post by BudSeligIsMyHero »

I'm from Cleveland and I won't touch Hafner. But I'm not the one in need of power. If Hafner is the only power available then you almost have to do it. If you don't need the steals then it is almost a waste to keep Podsednik. You only need to win the category by one steal.
12 Team H2H Roto (Keep 6 - bold):
C: Vogt, Molina 1B: Rizzo 2B: Kipnis SS: Reyes, Crawford 3B: Rendon(DL), Donaldson OF: Springer, Cespedes, Reddick, Fowler, Either, Granderson
SP: Harvey, Fernandez(DL), S. Miller, Burnett, Salazar, McCullers, Chavez, Cain, Chen RP: Holland, Boxberger, Soria, Rodriquez

Trav The Ump

Re: Need quick help on trade offer

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Take it and run, you know what you have with Pods...a handful of SB's and NOTHING else. When he was stealing 50+ that was fine. Now not so much, you'll get no power, no rbi, and oddly below average runs from him. His BA is a little high right now in my opinion which means progress to norms and you have a guy getting a lot of outs and not stealing bases.

By all accounts the Tribe are going to run Hafner out there as much as he can, you probably got Pods off the wire while Hafner was drafted. Thats adding value to your team, go for it. Worst case you'll be able to find a September callup to match Pods production if Hafner ends up cratering.