Cubs questions

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Cubs questions

#1 Post by alleyoops »

How do you think the playing time will shake out in the short term, and then after Ramirez comes back?

I doubt they can move Bradley, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit quite a bit if he continues to be mentally fragile (which is likely). Piniella's also a head-case, so can't see the two of them kissing and making up. Another factor is that they've had some issues on offense. The younger guys (Fox, Hoffpauir) are hitting when they play, and Fontenot and Bradley are struggling. Hard to see them working Fox in after Ramirez is back, but could see Hoffpauir getting decent ABs.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Cubs questions

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

There is an off field factor I believe has to be taken into consideration and that is the stalled sale of the Cubs. If current ownership believes that the sale of the team is more important than making the playoffs, Bradley and his contract may see just as much playing time as he is now. Then add Zambrano and his antics and Lou's less than unrequited love affair with Fukudome and there may be different changes made when everyone gets healthy. The fact that the Ricketts family and the Cubs let the exclusivity option lapse earlier this month does not bode well here IMHO - especially in this economy. And different suitors may have different needs to be met by current management. I would tread lightly concerning projections about the Cubbies.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams