2 Start Pitchers

Ask questions or post comments on all site articles, essays and analysis pieces.
AllstonRockCity

2 Start Pitchers

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Is there anyway to view the old articles? It seems like they were all there up until a week or 2 ago and now its only the most recent article. I liked to use them as a reference tool for any starter I had a question on. I also seem to remember Todd mentioning using these articles as a sort of adjunct to the "under the microscope" pieces.

If they are lost in cyberspace, the 2 starters I was looking for today were Hochevar and Contreras.

thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2 Start Pitchers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Keeping in mind I use recent trends a lot in the analysis so if they have started a couple of games since the piece things could change, they are all archived under THE WEEK AHEAD at mlb.com.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/archive.jsp

I'm not sure the Under the Microscope reference, what I have been noodling with is a way to rank them (have used it the past 2 or 3 weeks) and I may bring that over to pitcher streaming if i can find the time as the process is the same.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Thanks for the link Todd.

Unfortunately neither of those guys were written up in the last month. Oh well

If you check the "Under the Microscope - New Feature" thread, your post on 5/12/09 at 5:48PM is what i was referring to. I obviously don't know how to do that thing where people post a link to a thread and it takes you right to the pertinent comment. :oops:

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

ah, gotcha

But again, that was more for "real-time' questions. If someone happens to have a question about a guy that happens to have 2 starts that week, they might be able to find a pertinent quip.

Hochevar is still not doing it for me. K/BB of 12/12 in 31.1 IP is just not going to get it done.

Contreras had his start pushed to Friday
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord