need to drop or reserve one pitcher w bruney back-

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

need to drop or reserve one pitcher w bruney back-

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

AL 4x4

With Bruney back- i need to decide which 9 of my 10 active pitchers i want up- the 10th i can reserve-

my pitchers are: M Rivera J Guthrie J Chamberlain CC Sabathia T Saito J Cruz Washburn B Ziegler D O'day B Bruney

in my mind- who to reserve would be between cruz, o'day, bruney, ziegler and the bottom 2 being ziegler and cruz- any recommendations?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

Trav The Ump

Re: need to drop or reserve one pitcher w bruney back-

#2 Post by Trav The Ump »

I think you may have already answered your own question...seeking agreeable opinions won't change it. ;)

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by somerandomguy »

true- although out of the bottom 2- cruz and ziegler- which would you keep?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Cruz is closer to saves than Ziegler, so personally that would be my choice.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

roche

#5 Post by roche »

Cruz is closer to saves than Ziegler
Agree but are Bruney and O'Day closer than Ziegler?

I'm thinking that for saves, Cruz > Ziegler > Bruney > O'Day. Of course, we could be talking about a total of 2-3 saves from here to the end of the year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Not sure the deciding factor on who should be kept should be saves potential, considering he has Mo and Saito. I'd rather look at the ratios and use saves as a tiebreaker for the last spot.

A possibility might be dealing Cruz and someone to Soria's owner or Ziegler and someone to Bailey's owner to look for an upgrade on that "someone".

Something else to consider with Cruz is that he is not assured of the gig if Soria goes down again. It is going to hurt my fingers when I type this, but Farnsworth has been quite effective as of late, and if Cruz is struggling and Soria is hurt again, well, you never know.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#7 Post by somerandomguy »

thanks everyone