Trade Wright for pitching help?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Boye

Trade Wright for pitching help?

#1 Post by Boye »

Need to upgrade my starting pitching and am thinking Wright is not going to come close to normal power numbers this year. Was offered Gallardo and Cantu for Wright and I would throw in another pitcher, not a top guy. Does this deal make sense or am I overreacting to Wrights slow start in the power department. Could really use the pitching help though I think

roche

Re: Trade Wright for pitching help?

#2 Post by roche »

No, a thousand times no. Don't even think about it.

In most trades, the owner getting the best player in the deal wins the trade.

Keep the faith.

BudSeligIsMyHero
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Points leagues, H2H 5x5 roto, 5x5 roto

#3 Post by BudSeligIsMyHero »

Your pitching is not that bad that you should be contemplating dumping a first round talent for a pitcher and a guy whose hot streak is over. Wait it out and try and play the matchups after Billingsly, Beckett, Lowe.
12 Team H2H Roto (Keep 6 - bold):
C: Vogt, Molina 1B: Rizzo 2B: Kipnis SS: Reyes, Crawford 3B: Rendon(DL), Donaldson OF: Springer, Cespedes, Reddick, Fowler, Either, Granderson
SP: Harvey, Fernandez(DL), S. Miller, Burnett, Salazar, McCullers, Chavez, Cain, Chen RP: Holland, Boxberger, Soria, Rodriquez

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Here's another point to consider -- in a points league, points is points. It's not like roto-style where you get scored independently. There is no "I am winning all the hitting categories so I can afford to deal offense for pitching."

All you would be doing is transferring where you get your points, sort of a parallel trade.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

That is not a good trade for you. David Wright come seasons end will generate more points than Cantu.....period. In a 10 team league you really should have a fairly easy time assembling a solid staff and double starting your pitchers from week to week. Don't trade one of the top all around players in the game to get an upgrade in pitching ESPECIALLY in a 10 team points league.