his riveria for my jeter- opinions?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

his riveria for my jeter- opinions?

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

AL only 4x4

I am weak on saver and strong on hr- but weak on sb

I am being offered riveria and mat joyce for my jeter and morrow- any opinions?

i think it makes sense- i lots one of my 3 sb players- but since im at 2nd from the bottom- so nothing to lose
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: his riveria for my jeter- opinions?

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Exactly how far back are you in saves?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by somerandomguy »

i have 5 pts out of 12- 11 saves- 8 pts has 14, 10 has 19 11 has 20 i hve 8 pts in era and whip
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Two views:

You may be able to pick up approximately 6 points in saves. Will that be worth it for you?

This has to be viewed as a trade for this year only. Mariano turns 40 before next year - so does this trade project to get you in the money for this season?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

roche

#5 Post by roche »

have 5 pts out of 12- 11 saves- 8 pts has 14, 10 has 19 11 has 20 i hve 8 pts in era and whip
Right now with Ziegler losing his gig and Morrow's status uncertain, you have no closers. In an AL-only league, there are usually 2-3 teams with no closers, 2-3 teams with 2-3 closers, and the rest with one closer each. With Rivera as your sole closer, your chances of moving up in the standings in saves are still slim. To make a significant move in this category, you would need 2 closers for the rest of the year. Either get Rivera and another closer or don't bother.
Overall, you are low in both saves and SB. It is not possible to win with 2 bad categories. If the object is to win this year, then I would say that it would be impossible and you should look to dump instead (since you don't have good keepers either).
Last edited by roche on June 4th, 2009, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by somerandomguy »

we are redrafting the whole league next year- so sounds like i am done- i never expected morrow to fall apart and thought i could trade for SB- oh well

roche

#7 Post by roche »

we are redrafting the whole league next year- so sounds like i am done
Winning is not possible but a money finish may be. It's 4x4 so good closers and MR are worth a lot more and starters are worth less. Trade your starters to get 2 good closers. Carry just enough starters to get your minimum innings pitched and load up the rest of the pitching staff with good MR to finish 1st in WHIP and ERA. So now, you are tanking wins (which is always a crapshoot anyway) and SB. If you don't trade away offence, you may get enough points to finish in the money.