Kelly Johnson for David Aardsma?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
deaccat

Kelly Johnson for David Aardsma?

#1 Post by deaccat »

Should I trade Kelly Johnson for David Aardsma? I need saves bad as I am in second to last in that category and all the potential next in line guys are taken as we are a deep league with deep roster spots.

But I have Phillips who may end up being hurt and Johnson is maybe coming on some and I could use his potential power #'s as I am low in that catergory as well.

Any opinions would be appreciated

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Kelly Johnson for David Aardsma?

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Boils down to how long you think Aardsma will be getting saves; rest of the year? Till Morrow gets healthy? Till they bring Cordero up? Let' say Aardsma is the closer until the All Star break - if that's worth it to you, I'd trade. If not, I wouldn't.

Good luck.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Hambowen

#3 Post by Hambowen »

What Kid said is just about right. He could have the job for the rest of the year but there is risk involved with him losing it tomorrow or upside of the whole year.

That being said you need to have a clearer picture of Phillips before you do anything with Johnson.

roche

#4 Post by roche »

quote] I need saves bad as I am in second to last in that category [/quote]

Without knowing your actual standings, I'm just guessing here but I don't think that Aardsma is a difference maker in this situation. You are near the bottom of the saves category so to actually catch up, you would need a 'real' closer with lots of saves. That's not Aardsma. It may be better to wait a while and let Nathan and Downs get some saves. Then you can see if a trade for a closer would net you enough points in the standing to make it worthwhile.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I need saves bad as I am in second to last in that category
roche wrote:Without knowing your actual standings, I'm just guessing here but I don't think that Aardsma is a difference maker in this situation. You are near the bottom of the saves category so to actually catch up, you would need a 'real' closer with lots of saves. That's not Aardsma. It may be better to wait a while and let Nathan and Downs get some saves. Then you can see if a trade for a closer would net you enough points in the standing to make it worthwhile.
There is much truth in this statement ...and quite well put.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams