Looking towards the future: Make these deals?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

Looking towards the future: Make these deals?

#1 Post by Tig »

12 team AL only $260 (14 hitters, 9 pitchers). Can keep 3-7 players.
* Players must be on 25 man MLB roster to bid on.
** After season starts, 5 man bench added via waivers, with each player assigned a $5 salary.
*** Salaries increase $5 for next season for keepers. Minor leaguers who don't lose ROY eligibility/Sept call ups keep their $5 salaries.

Been offered:
$5 Gordon Beckham for $12 Kendry Morales? ($17 to keep next year).

$5 Justin Smoak, $5 Mark Melancon, $2 Landon Powell for AJ Pierzynski & Howie Kendrick?

Im currently in dead last! I dont have the time needed to put the pieces together to compete this year, (getting married and will be out of the country for most of June) so looking to set myself up nicely going into next years auction.

C(2) - Rob Johnson $5, AJ Pierzynski $10
1b - Kendry Morales $12
2b - Howie Kendrick $17
3b - Wilson Betemit $1
SS - Jhonny Peralta $20
MI - Mike Aviles $10
CI - Jeff Bailey $5
OF(5)- Alex Rios $31, Bobby Abreu $20, Nick Markakis $17, Marlon Byrd $10, Wladimir Balentien $5
DH - Luke Scott $13
P(9)- James Shields $14, Danks $11, Galarraga $10, Guthrie $7, Colon $5, Cecil $5, Holland $5, Linebrink $5, Penny $4

DL - Alex Gordon $15, Escobar $2, Duchscherer $2, Litsch $3
Bench- Clay Buchholz $5, Wade Davis $5

Tig

Re: Looking towards the future: Make these deals?

#2 Post by Tig »

I've also offered a team in contention Abreu, Rios & Danks for $5 Wieters, $5 LaPorta, $5 Reimold and $25 BJ Ryan. (Ryan simply to make the $ work).

I dont know much about Melancon, and doubt he gets a shot to close next year, so is Smoak worth both Kendrick & AJ?

would I be better off with Smoak, or getting Anthony Swarzak for Kendrick? or just offering kendrick for smoak?
* i know i cant get Smoak for AJ, as he already rejected it.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Looking towards the future: Make these deals?

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I would do the Beckham/Morales deal (if you've decided that this is a rebuilding year for you).

I like Smoak, but I am not impressed with Melancon (In order to be considered as a Yankee closer of the future, is the only prerequisite two arms the same length? If he sets up in front of Mariano next year, maybe 2011 - but it's a long way until then) and Powell is trade fodder. I'm not a big Kendrick fan and he's really running out of time to prove himself. I wouldn't feel bad about offering Kendrick for Smoak.

If someone is crazy enough to give you those three for Abreu, Danks and Rios, make sure you finish the deal before signing his commitment papers. I would not be surprised if this offer gets rejected. If it doesn't, you get to celebrate the holidays early this year.

Good luck.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams