morrow

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

morrow

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

anyone hearing anything on morrow? is he hidding an injury?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

Re: morrow

#2 Post by Tampa Bob »

If he's trying he's not succeeding. One would have thought he'd be healed if they brought him back to close so quickly.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

Bod's the big M's fan here. Maybe he'll have something.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

His stuff seems to be fine, but his control of it is as awful as ever. What worries me is that he really hasn't had any time to practice as he was hurt for almost all of spring training, and now he just got off the shelf for a 15-day DL stint, too. So he's had no time to really hone his craft and try and reign in his wildness. There's no indication that he's injured at the moment -- just that he's one of the wildest pitchers in baseball. He should get better, but I think we need to bench him for a couple weeks while he irons out some kinks and then reevaluate him at that point.

I think the removal of him from the closer gig was a good move. It gives him time to work on some things, but it also tells him that nothing is easy in the big leagues. I got the impression that he was happy to be back in relief as opposed to starting because he found starting to be quite difficult (yes, he has diabetes and that played into the decision, too, but a lot of his quotes made it sound like he felt relieving was his calling because he was instantly good at it). This should hopefully be a good lesson for the youngster in how to work hard and maximize one's potential. I get the feeling that Morrow slides by on an awful lot of raw talent, and I don't think the new M's regime is going to allow that sort of thing like the old one did.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.