Milton Bradley for Bobby Abreu

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Mickey4081

Milton Bradley for Bobby Abreu

#1 Post by Mickey4081 »

I've pretty much had it with Abreu. I know it's only mid May but the guy has become Juan Pierre.....even worse....he's not scoring at all either. I've been benching him recently and starting Milton Bradley. I think Bradley will be much more productive provided he stays off the DL. My team is losing ground across the board except steals. What happened to Abreu's power? Why isn't he scoring runs?

In this particular league we use OB% and SLG% instead of AVG.

What are your thoughts? Should I continue to start Abreu and hope he turns things around, or, should I run Bradley out there and ride him while he's healthy. He is starting to produce of late.

Thanks for your thoughts.

cwk1963

Re: Milton Bradley for Bobby Abreu

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

The problem isn't Abreu. Granted, he hasn't hit any HR yet but a lineup of Figgins, Izturis, Rivera, Hunter, Morales, Aybar, Mathis and Napoli doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of opposing pitchers. With Abreu, at least you know you have someone who'll stay on the field for the most part. You have to worry about injuries and temper with Bradley. Milton has hit 4 HR but he only has a total of 8 RBI to go with those bops. I'd stick with Abreu and see what happens when Vlad gets back.