Help picking SP 4/5....

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jkadagio

Help picking SP 4/5....

#1 Post by jkadagio »

12 Team standard 5X5 roto. Current pitching staff:

SP: Sabathia, Billingsly, Gallardo
RP: Rivera, Bell, Capps, Hanrahan
Reserve: David Price

Recently made two multi-player trades and lost my SP4/5 of Chris Young and Wandy. I'm looking at the following free agents:

Edwin Jackson - nice start, fool's gold longer term?
Randy Wolf - Recently dropped by another owner. Like his skills, but has burned me in past years.
Dave Bush - Seems to be doing well enough...
John Maine - Dropped by another owner. Probably like his skills the most of this group.

Could also pick up Kuroda or Duchscherer off the wire and stash to my DL until they are ready.

League rules limit f/a pick ups (not streaming friendly), so what 2 SP's would you roster here?

(Currently 8th in K, 5th ERA, 6th WHIP, 1st W, 8th SV)

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Help picking SP 4/5....

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I can see Wolf ...am a Wolf owner for a few years and was very impressed how he did last night in Philly. But I can't recommend any of the other three ... on the old boards several years ago, there was a discussion about Bush and his low WHIP vs high ERA - the conclusion at the time was that he's tough to get on base on ...but he's not very good with men on base, and that after 45-50 pitches, he becomes very hittable.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

personal preferences are Jackson & Bush
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

cwk1963

#4 Post by cwk1963 »

Jackson and Wolf. If you can add both of them and Duchscherer to the DL I'd do that also.