Holliday - Phillips

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
uharchmajor

Holliday - Phillips

#1 Post by uharchmajor »

Normally I wouldn't ask this question because I thought the guy had pretty good splits and that Colorado didn't have a HUGE effect on his numbers. But Holliday seems to be having adjusting issues. I've got a chance to pick him up for Phillips. Holliday has a 3 year contract, and Phillips has a 2 year (both included for this year).

Would you be comfortable making this trade and slotting A.Cabrera, F.Lopez or P.Polanco in at 2B of a Weekly 12 team H2H points league?

For what it's worth, this sites latest ROY projections are this:
Holliday: 413
Phillips: 390
Polanco: 313
F.Lopez: 280
A.Cabrera: 271

With Granderson (last year in contract), Ethier, and Pence in the OF. Holliday is not a NEED, but rather looking after this year and could be slotted at one of the two DH slots, which replace one of these guys

Napoli: 222
Morales: 272
F.Lopez: 280

In a nutshell; Polanco moves over to 2B. F.Lopez (or A.Cabrera) to MI. Phillips traded for Holliday to play DH. Which is only a 20-30 point improvement, but nets me what was a top OF going for 2 more years of which I would have only had 1 more year of a 2B. Plenty of rumors about the Yankees wanting to sign him, but it's hard to guess where he ends up since it's so far away. I'd still have Ethier and Pence that I could look at signing contracts to at the end of the season, but keeping 2 OFs wouldn't be a bad move (10 keepers per team = 120 players overall).

Once again, thanks guys!

uharchmajor

Re: Holliday - Phillips

#2 Post by uharchmajor »

Anybody have any opinions on Matt Holliday for the rest of this season...or even the following two seasons?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll consider this a request for our new subscriber feature, UNDER THE MICROSCOPE and will write Matt Holliday up.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

uharchmajor

#4 Post by uharchmajor »

Todd Zola wrote:I'll consider this a request for our new subscriber feature, UNDER THE MICROSCOPE and will write Matt Holliday up.
Perfect, thanks Todd. I was thinking about sending you a PM to look at him as well.