would you trade e sanatana for abreu or roberts?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

would you trade e sanatana for abreu or roberts?

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

AL only league 4x4

i am totally weak on SB and have 5 SP- CC, Jaba, guthrie, washburn and e santana. would you trade e santana for either abreu or roberts? of course- weak starts has washburn as my best pitcher stat wise and i am in last place in wins-but i would expect CC to end the year w his usual great #
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: would you trade e sanatana for abreu or roberts?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Would do that deal in a New York second. If not faster.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

Absolutely. He had a rehab start in A ball and did OK striking out 3 in 5 IP. Not exactly overpowering for that level but it is his 1st time out. From what I read he was in the 92-93 range. But keep in mind it's still his elbow and there's no telling how long it will hold up. If you can get either Abreu or Roberts for what is essentially a spare part for your pitching staff right now, you have to do it.

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by somerandomguy »

who would you take- abreu or roberts?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3

cwk1963

#5 Post by cwk1963 »

Looking at the team in your sig I'd take Abreu.

angelsfan

#6 Post by angelsfan »

I think Roberts is gonna get you more SB's than Abreu.

cwk1963

#7 Post by cwk1963 »

He should but it's hard to tell from his sig what positions he has. If he doesn't have a MI I think Abreu is a better fit.

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

#8 Post by somerandomguy »

i can make either fit- thanks guys for the advise-