Trade advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
momige
Major Leaguer

Trade advice

#1 Post by momige »

I have been offered Alexi Ramirez and Jay Bruce for Adam Jones in a keeper league with a 3 year max. Should I pull the trigger?

Thanks

Hambowen

Re: Trade advice

#2 Post by Hambowen »

Without knowing league details I would say Yes Yes and Yes.

drapes

#3 Post by drapes »

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with Hambowen.

GO GO GO!

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

momige wrote:I have been offered Alexi Ramirez and Jay Bruce for Adam Jones in a keeper league with a 3 year max. Should I pull the trigger?

Thanks
Before giving an opinion, need to know what the scoring parameters are, how many teams, etc.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Plus the contract situation of those involved -- are they all eligible to be kept 3 more years?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Hambowen

#6 Post by Hambowen »

I was assuming contract was the same on all because he did not mention where they were.

If anything you could make an educated estimate that Ramirez and Bruce would be the ones with longer contracts if there was a difference. Since they were all rookies last year it is safe to assume all have the same contracts however.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

I get into trouble when I assume...
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

momige
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by momige »

I should have given more deails. This is a very shallow 11 team mixed league with six hitting categories (OPS is the extra one).

None of these players were kept this year, so I could get 3 1/2 years out of them.

I know Jones has the skills to remain a Top 20 OF, and Bruce is supposed to be one in the near future. It is tough to give up a guy that is so hot. As posted in another thread, Alexi is a high risk/high reward player until we see if he can put it together.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

OPS hurts Ramirez big time, you could even say it is a 1 for 1 offer.

Probably comes down to your preference of Bruce's better power with a little speed versus Jones power/speed combo.