building SP depth to trade later

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
leesgreenberg

building SP depth to trade later

#1 Post by leesgreenberg »

I want to build my pitching depth, to allow me to trade a solid SP later. I'm dead last in RBIs, which surprises me, till I remember that Berkman and Phillips are scuffling. I also have Arod on the bench.

I see Maholm and Lohse sitting in the FA pool. To get either or, I'd have to cut Delmon Young, Rasmus or Kendry Morales. do I buy up the quality sitting their, or continue to hope Young or Rasmus get fulltime jobs and produce. Nyler Morgan is sitting out there also, but steals are highly devalued in this league, though he might be decent fill-in.

Our silent auction for FA is 1x per month, so it pays to have a back up in case of injury. We have no DL.

BudSeligIsMyHero
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Points leagues, H2H 5x5 roto, 5x5 roto

Re: building SP depth to trade later

#2 Post by BudSeligIsMyHero »

I would be willing to dump Rasmus. Your starting OF are more than solid, so the question becomes, if you are trying to build SP depth to trade later, why so many OF's?
12 Team H2H Roto (Keep 6 - bold):
C: Vogt, Molina 1B: Rizzo 2B: Kipnis SS: Reyes, Crawford 3B: Rendon(DL), Donaldson OF: Springer, Cespedes, Reddick, Fowler, Either, Granderson
SP: Harvey, Fernandez(DL), S. Miller, Burnett, Salazar, McCullers, Chavez, Cain, Chen RP: Holland, Boxberger, Soria, Rodriquez