Joel Hanrahan

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Shyguy30

Joel Hanrahan

#1 Post by Shyguy30 »

He was dropped in my NL only league. 6x6 with holds as the extra category. I don't know much about Hanrahan, is he really bad enough that he's not going to take his job back from Julian Tavarez? Is he worth using my high waiver priority on? Current relievers are Broxton, Street, Soriano, Howry. Stand pat, or take a flier?

cwk1963

Re: Joel Hanrahan

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

I wouldn't use a high waiver priority for him. There's a bunch of guys in the mix there and it could be a true CBC. And we're still talking about the Nats. There won't be too many opportunities for that team.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Joel Hanrahan

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Last night was another implosion by the Nats pen, courtesy of Mr. Tavarez. I wound up taking Hanrahan as our NL closer, so needless, to say, we're not happy - but - this just may wind up to be a case of Manny going with the lukewarm hand at the time. It's not as if he has a lot of great options available.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams