rate this trade

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CocoLaboy

rate this trade

#1 Post by CocoLaboy »

12-team AL-only 4x4 keeper.

Traded Gomez 26a, Sonanstine 5b and Baker 5b for Bay 27a.

Then claimed Kelley and Melancoan.

I believe that this helps my offense this season and that it would be easier to replace a starter or two with someone from the FA pool. In the mean time, I'll wait it out with two young and upcoming relievers.

If things go sideways, Bay would be good bait for a keeper - much more so than Gomez. I also have Holland, Feliz, Cahill, B.Anderson and Davies for a grand sum of 25 for the future.

Any feedback would be great...

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: rate this trade

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Was the gun actually loaded when you pointed it at the other guy for this deal? Two serviceable pitchers and an overrated OF for Jason Bay?? Nice.

Now - as to your other contention about starting pitchers; let me lay one factoid on you - as of today (4/29/09), eight of the 14 AL teams have staff ERAs of 4.50 or worse. If THEY can't get pitching help, you won't either. Your FA pool won't be worth much of anything ... but that's not necessarily a bad thing, because approximately half of your league will be going through the same thing - but now YOU have Jason Bay. I am lowering my expectations in MY AL 4x4 only - I went with 5 starters and I'm hoping that Dice-K comes back and that Eveland doesn't kill me (Millwood, Liriano and Bedard are the others). If help is defined as the Sidney Ponsons and Carl Pavanos of the world, I don't want it.

I think your strategy is sound ... but I would not place much hope in the FA pool.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

CocoLaboy

Re: rate this trade

#3 Post by CocoLaboy »

Kid, totally agree with your assessment. I'd rather bide my time with Melancoan, Cruz, Kelley etc and wait for someone to emerge rather than jump on the Pavano's of the world.

Thanks for the response

Coco

PS No gun was used in this trade!