Start trading for next year? ( check out this bad luck team)

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
deaccat

Start trading for next year? ( check out this bad luck team)

#1 Post by deaccat »

It seems like every player I drafted is having a really down year so far. I know it is early but I think it is pretty funny that pretty much all my guys except a few have started off horribly. I am already 50pts out of fourth place which is our last money spot.

Brandon Phillips .166 with 1hr
Derek Lee .209 1 hr
Mike Avilles .174 1hr
Kelly Johnson .212 3hr
Ordonex .257 1 hr
Navarro .183 1hr

My Highest paid player hah, David Wright .271 (respectable) 1hr 6 rbi (laughable)

Pitchers Liriano 7.06 era 0 wins Volquez 6.20 era I also have B.J. Ryan who has sucked it up and now is injured and prob wouldn't have his job anymore anyways

I have already been active in the faab trying to improve but I'm wondering if it is already too late.

What do you think start looking to dump before the other guys in the leauge that are doing bad do so I can get the best supply and demand value?

Wait a while and hope some of these scrubs get a little hot so I can get better value?

Or am I crazy and giving up too soon? Do you really think I can make up the difference needed to compete?

cwk1963

Re: Start trading for next year? ( check out this bad luck team)

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

deaccat wrote:It seems like every player I drafted is having a really down year so far. I know it is early but I think it is pretty funny that pretty much all my guys except a few have started off horribly. I am already 50pts out of fourth place which is our last money spot.

Brandon Phillips .166 with 1hr
Derek Lee .209 1 hr
Mike Avilles .174 1hr
Kelly Johnson .212 3hr
Ordonex .257 1 hr
Navarro .183 1hr

My Highest paid player hah, David Wright .271 (respectable) 1hr 6 rbi (laughable)

Pitchers Liriano 7.06 era 0 wins Volquez 6.20 era I also have B.J. Ryan who has sucked it up and now is injured and prob wouldn't have his job anymore anyways

I have already been active in the faab trying to improve but I'm wondering if it is already too late.

What do you think start looking to dump before the other guys in the leauge that are doing bad do so I can get the best supply and demand value?

Wait a while and hope some of these scrubs get a little hot so I can get better value?

Or am I crazy and giving up too soon? Do you really think I can make up the difference needed to compete?
This is the key. You're not likely to get anything close to fair value for these guys now. If indeed you are out of it, it won't hurt at all to wait for them to heat up. In fact, it's still so early that teams may not have a clear idea of where they might want to shore things up.

roche

#3 Post by roche »

This would be like arriving at the airport 6 hours before departure. Way too early.

Also, there is never any advantage to selling low and buying high. You are not going to get full value for a bunch of slumping players.

Dude, get a grip. It's April 27. Back away from that panic button.

Hambowen

#4 Post by Hambowen »

I am a big proponent of looking at your team and being honest with yourself about your chances and dumping early when you know that you cannot compete.

Having said that your team does not look like one of those that should. You drafted those guys for a reason. Lots of them are proven performers who will bounce back and do what they always do. If Wright and Phillips were hurt for 3 months and Ordonez was down for the year then I would say go for it but these guys will bounce back and do what they always do.

deaccat

#5 Post by deaccat »

thanks for your guys advice. I'm going to wait a while and see how it goes, hopefully they will heat up and i can either get good value or maybe even get into contention.

I know it is way early and I'm panicing too fast but it trips me out that I have so many guys that have started out so slow, I could see two, maybe three or even four guys or so, but this many? Plus no other guys completely tearing it up save Adam Jones. While early it still sucks to read and see updates on like 7-10 guys who are meered in slow starts. At the end of the draft I definately felt confident I had one of the best teams and did great in my draft. This is a 14 team league. I didn't expect to be competing for last place at anytime during the season, but I know it is a long one so we will see.