Catcher and RP advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
leesgreenberg

Catcher and RP advice

#1 Post by leesgreenberg »

I need some help.

My two catchers -- Doumit and Johjima are both on the DL. In this league only 9 active hitters count. We also only have a short window at the end of each month to pick up FAs via silent auction. Its a 12 team league.

about 1/3 of the teams could use an upgrade at C,

On the FA list are Barajas, Jaramillo, Hundley and Laird. I need someone to tide me over. Is there someone else I should target? our auction was early, so only the obvious players were really chose. I discounted Buck, as I don't see him performing at that level.

I also hit a HR and struck out on RP. I have 3 -- Bell, Lyon and Motte. as we play 2, I need somebody to contribute. As the obvious guys are gone (and some basic handcuffs) who has the most upside? Franklin at STL is available.

thanks

12 teams Mixed
Basic 5x5 (no steals, instead TB+BB+S)
Roster:
C: DL (Doumit)
1B: Berkman
2b: Phillips
SS: Tejada
3b: Zimmerman (Arod on bench)
OF: M. Ordonez
OF: Ibanez
OF: Hunter
DH: C. Davis

SP: Lincecum
SP: Sheilds
SP: Harden
SP: Dempster
RP: Bell
RP: Motte

Hambowen

Re: Catcher and RP advice

#2 Post by Hambowen »

I am lost on the catching situation as I need to replace Doumit in a league as well.

For your Rp I would pickup Franklin and just go with whoever Larussa is using at the time between Motte and him.

Seems like the safest/best bet for you.

cwk1963

Re: Catcher and RP advice

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

I'd grab Laird and Franklin.