Josh Anderson vs. Ryan Sweeney

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

Josh Anderson vs. Ryan Sweeney

#1 Post by Spread da wealth »

Hello all,
AL 4x4 with limited transactions. Josh Anderson on this week's wire. Do you think he's likely to earn more than Ryan Sweeney? My thoughts are that his SB potential is tempting and that his BA should be similar to Sweeney, making him an upgrade over Sweeney if he has a decent amount of playing time, which I guess is a big if. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Josh Anderson vs. Ryan Sweeney

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

While Anderson could end up with more playing time than Sweeney, I personally think Sweeney will get more. They need someone athletic to roam that big OF and he is less prone to injury than his OF teammates.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

My first thought was Sweeney has a better chance of logging more pt. Detroit has Guillen to plug back in once his legs get to feeling better as well as Ryan Raburn and Thames. Don't get me wrong, if Anderson can hit reasonably well....say .270 or better I suspect Sparky will keep trotting him out there because of his speed. Dunno about how good of a defender he is. Sweeney is about it for CF in Oakland. Davis is not an everyday option IMO.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

msugray

#4 Post by msugray »

As the others have said, I would go with Sweeney if you want better chance of AB.

I would go with Anderson IF you were desperate for SB. I think he will get enough playing time for high teens SB; outside shot at 20. Tigers have placed renewed emphasis on defense which probably means that Thames gets no more AB than he's always gotten. There's a good chance that Guillen gets a lot of his AB at DH.