Need Trade Help!!

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
odysseus81

Need Trade Help!!

#1 Post by odysseus81 »

NL-Only 12 team 6x6 where holds is a category as well as saves.

I am currently last in homeruns (by a wide margin), but leading the league by dominating most pitching categories and hitting categories (except for RBI's and HR's). Thinking about offering Loney and Marmol for Berkman. What does everyone think about it?

Thanks...

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Need Trade Help!!

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

odysseus81 wrote:NL-Only 12 team 6x6 where holds is a category as well as saves.

I am currently last in homeruns (by a wide margin), but leading the league by dominating most pitching categories and hitting categories (except for RBI's and HR's). Thinking about offering Loney and Marmol for Berkman. What does everyone think about it?

Thanks...
I can't see this deal -why would the other owner take it? You are trading position for position and adding a closer/holds guy as incentive. If I already have Berkman, what advantage does Marmol give me that will make up for the production shortfall from Loney?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

odysseus81

#3 Post by odysseus81 »

His team is has a surplus of power and is woeful in Holds, Era, and Whip...areas that Marmol should be very strong in...that was my logic at least (flawed as it may be=).

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Not saying the logic is flawed at all. On the surface the deal didn't make much sense. This additional background makes it more understandable. I will then assume you're offering Loney as a replacement 1B rather than an incentive?

Now, in your opinion - can he give up Berkman to just get Marmol?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

odysseus81

#5 Post by odysseus81 »

That is what I have offered initially...I would rather keep Loney, but I am anticipating him rejecting it. He already has an established 1B in Adrian Gonzalez...Loney would be a utility player for him.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

odysseus81 wrote:That is what I have offered initially...I would rather keep Loney, but I am anticipating him rejecting it. He already has an established 1B in Adrian Gonzalez...Loney would be a utility player for him.
Then I have to admit I don't get it. If he has no need for Loney, why would he give up a valuable commodity like Berkman for Marmol alone? I'd be looking to put Berkman up to the highest bidder, not go trolling for a lowball offer. This deal won't get it done ...you'll have to do better IMHO.

odysseus81

#7 Post by odysseus81 »

I am sure you are right...thought Loney might sweeten the pot, but your points make a ton of sense. This is my first NL-Only league...been playing in mixed leagues for 10 years. -Only leagues are a totally different beast. Sure is fun though...

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Know the feeling ...only ever played in deep onlys ...never played in mixed ...can be exasperating to play but you do your homework and, more often than not, it comes out ok.

Good luck.