Top AL prospects?

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tig

Top AL prospects?

#1 Post by Tig »

We only fill our active rosters during the auction in my 5x5 AL only keeper league, so if they werent on the 25 man roster or the MLB DL on opening day, they arent eligible to be drafted. Therefore, almost everyone is available, with the exception of David Price and Matt Wieters, whom were keepers. After the first week of the season, we are allowed to pick up 1 minor leaguer.

Any player picked up will have a $5 price tag attached. if they lose ROY eligibility, they would be a $10 keeper in 2010. if they maintain ROY eligibility or never get called up, they would be $5 keepers.

that said, who are the top players to target? will they help this year?

Matt LaPorta?
Justin Smoak?
Neftali Feliz?
Gordon Beckham?
Carlos Santana?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Top AL prospects?

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Out of all of those, I'd say La Porta is the one with the most capability in a situation where his major league club may have a need for him rather quickly. Santana is also an excellent talent be he faces a log jam ahead of him in VMart, Shoppach and Garko ... one of those three has to go before he becomes viable.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Tig

#3 Post by Tig »

thx kid - is there anyone that you can think of that is not listed? these are just a few that I could recall off the top of my head.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

You may want to check out the last post in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

RandyKutcherHair

#5 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

As far as AL prospects not currently on an active roster I would target a bat unless you want to grab the youngster Ynoa. In no particular order here are the guys I would research to see if you like:
J.Smoak
G.Beckham
E.Hosmer
T.Beckham
D.Viciedo
M.LaPorta
M.Moustakas
L.Anderson
M.Ynoa
A.Jackson
J.Montero
A.Hicks
B.Revere
D.Jennings

carchr6

#6 Post by carchr6 »

Dont forget Matt Wieters. Hell be up at some point.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Wieters was mentioned in his opening post.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

rmiller
High-A
Preferred Style: Diamond Mind, Scoresheet AL & BL, Roto 5x5 (OBA, 12 teams)

#8 Post by rmiller »

As far as AL prospects not currently on an active roster I would target a bat unless you want to grab the youngster Ynoa.
Neither Michael Ynoa nor Michel Inoa is going to be pitching in the major leagues until the 2012 season at the earliest. He is 17 years old and is just now starting to pitch professionally. Can you keep him indefinitely until he reaches MLB? Ynoa is like a lottery ticket. He has great potential, but he's a young pitcher and all of the caveats apply. A lot can go wrong between now and 2012 or 2013.
"Smell the Glove"