Keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Keepers

#1 Post by CubFan »

12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H. Only 1 catcher. Can keep 5-8 players. $260 draft day team salary. Typically 30-35% inflation first half of draft.

My current keepers:
OF-Ward $7
OF-Jarren Duran $11
3B-Royce Lewis $2
SS-Story $13
1B-Torkelson $6
CL-Fairbanks $6
CL-Johan Duran $16

Who do you prefer from the following as your 8th keeper:
Garver $4 (qualifies at C and slated to mainly DH and hit in the middle of the order
Hunter Brown $6 (faded badly second half as he seemed to tire plus he changed his mechanics several times during the season)
Gausman $32 (Figuring he'll go for upper 20s-low 30s. Appears his relatively high BABIP is here to stay as his FB while his KO pitch is also squared up often)
Joe Ryan $22 (homer prone leading to elevated ERA)
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Keepers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'd probably keep both Gausman and Garver instead of Ward or Story, while trying to consolidate by pairing someone with one of the closers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by CubFan »

Interesting. Thanks for your time Todd.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by CubFan »

Been offered Witt $39 for my Tork $6. Thew other owner has a bunch of $$ tied up on in elite offensive players so he's looking to lower his team salary. $39 for Witt is not a great bargain at that price and Tork, if he can replicate 2023, would be a very good bargain. Next year both players' salaries will increase by $10 so Witt is a win now type of play.

My keepers would then be:

OF-Ward $7
OF-Jarren Duran $11
3B-Royce Lewis $2
SS-Story $13
MI-Witt $39
C-Garver $4
CL-Fairbanks $6
CL-Johan Duran $16

Before this offer I went thru and estimated the other 11 owner's keepers. Found that 6 will have over 200 units to bid during the auction. Went thru the last 6 years of the league and there has never been more than 4 teams with 200+ units to spend in the auction. This told me inflation will likely be higher than ever before.....and we've been running 35% in the first half of the draft. If I were to do this trade I'd drop from 195 units to 162 and have the second least amount to spend. In essence I'd likely be sitting out a big part of the draft in the beginning and/or pay up for any elite SPs. I know you mentioned keeping Gausman at $32 in leu of Ward or Story.

Pass on this offer?

Do you think a counter of both Durans is fair?

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

I can't say yay, nor do I know what's fair. I can say I don't mind keeping salary.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord