2-start pitchers

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

2-start pitchers

#1 Post by CubFan »

Where does one draw the line on 2-start pitchers in 12 team H2H only leagues, ie, start or sit? I've got 9 starts next week with three 2-start pitchers. One has a favorable matchup, another with one good and one so-so while the third is a rookie but who has thrown quite well but has 2 tough starts. I have a couple of good RPs in King and Swanson who I could swap out with that last SP. Do you have a rule of thumb you use?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2-start pitchers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I use the rankings I produce for Rotowire and Mastersball subscribers which include a typical, non-closing reliever within the ranks for a point of comparison.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord