Trade offered

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Trade offered

#1 Post by CubFan »

Been offered Yoshida $25 for my Bryce Miller $19 and Story $13. This is a 12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H. $310 in season salary cap. My team salary is at $305. I have $29 of $100 FAAB left.

My roster:
C - Jansen - $3
1B -Tork - $1
2B - Walls $3
3B - Chapman $26
SS - Bichette $19
MI - B Lowe $25
CM - E. Duran $3
OF - Judge $40, Ward $2, Mullins $10, Verdugo $16, Grossman $17
UT - Rooker $8

SP - Gausman $27, Ryan $22, Jon Gray $4, Wells $2, Miller $19, Lynn $21
RP - Will Smith, Fairbanks, Duran

Bench - Story, Michael King, Royce Lewis $2, Swanson

Original plan was to go with 5 SPs each week streaming out the worst matchup or whoever was struggling unless my opponent had a ton of starts that week. When healthy Story and Lewis would be plugged into the lineup. Plus they'd be good keepers for next season.

If I took this deal Yoshida would go in for the struggling Ward or Rooker. I lose some positional flexibility if I trade Story. I could also see if the other owner would take Rooker instead as he is playing now. One other little wrinkle....he's been trying to trade Witt to me. Go that route? Or do nothing and just sit tight? Any thoughts appreciated.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade offered

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Deals are about how they help the team -- only you can decide, based on the results of the first several weeks, whether Yoshida adds more points potential than would be lost with Miller.

The other consideration is Royce Lewis should be back Monday and can go into UT.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Thanks for your opinions.

Concerning Ward....since he's the one that I'd likely bench when Lewis becomes active, is his bat/mechanics fixable or was last season a "one off"? Haven't looked at all his metrics but his chase rate has gone up considerably and wonder if it's fixable. I targeted him in the offseason for a trade and wonder if he's a lost cause and ultimately get sent down to AAA.

And it seems you're pretty high on Miller. On my staff where wold you rank him?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I have not looked into Ward.

The concern with Miller is innings in a head to head format. My earlier comment was simply a counter to the high fastball usage.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord