Keeper Help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Lucky
Low-A

Keeper Help

#1 Post by Lucky »

5x5 Mixed League. Very little pitching will be available in the auction.

Picking my last two keepers out of three pitchers: Luis Garcia $1 (final year), Nathan Eovaldi $2 (two years remaining), and Hunter Brown $3 (two years remaining). Which two would you freeze? There is a lot of trade interest in Brown, who I can probably deal for a favorable draft pick.

(I also have S. McClanahan, F. Valdez, J. Montgomery, A. Cobb, and J. Springs, all of whom I am planning to freeze.)

Any insight is appreciated.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Keeper Help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Do you have a reserve for in season management?

The reason being if you could reserve Brown if he's not pitching, that is a nice long-term play.

If it is a matter of flags fly forever, and all you care about is this season, Garcia is the safest and at a profitable price.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Lucky
Low-A

#3 Post by Lucky »

Yes, there is a bench. I can keep Garcia and brown if I drop eovaldi, but MB has him rated higher than the other two.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

When you get down to that point in projection-driven rankings, you need to keep in mind it is assumed that every pitcher is active for all projected stats, and it doesn't consider you can use someone else the weeks you reserve them.

As mentioned, Brown if more about letting him get a year of experience and having a great keeper next year. Plus, you may be able to use him this season.

Garcia is in a better position to stream than Eovaldi. Better team, similar home park and doesn't have to face his own lineup.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord