Do I or not?

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
angelsfan

Do I or not?

#1 Post by angelsfan »

Verlander had a nightmare game yesterday.Is this going to be the norm in 2009? On the FA wire is Millwood,Parra,Kershaw and others.I'll get back with the others.Would you drop Justin and pick up one of the FAs.Thanks. :?:

cwk1963

Re: Do I or not?

#2 Post by cwk1963 »

It would help to know league info and rest of your pitching staff.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

I am a bit concerned Verlander is dealing with a lingering injury.

The "others" all have potential to be very good -- and one of them will be but damned if I know which one. Kershaw has the minor league pedigree, Parra is the sexy pick to improve a lot this season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

RandyKutcherHair

#4 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

I wouldn't drop Verlander. I know his value may have taken a hit the other day; but it is just one game. At the very least I would deal him away. No doubt you can get someting for him that will fill a roster hole.

angelsfan

#5 Post by angelsfan »

Sorry guys.I just updated my sig. :oops:

cwk1963

#6 Post by cwk1963 »

I might take a chance on Kershaw. He comes with the upside and I'm not too comfy with Verlander.

angelsfan

#7 Post by angelsfan »

Another FA....Kuroda.

angelsfan

#8 Post by angelsfan »

Also Blackburn and Bartolo.Bartolo looked sharp in the Spring Training game.

angelsfan

#9 Post by angelsfan »

How about Kuroda ove Verlander?

Hambowen

#10 Post by Hambowen »

I like Kuroda and had him above Verlander going into the auctions so I would say yes.

Lots of people love Parra and Kershaw however but that would just be if you wanted to go for the upside of some young guys.

Otherwise go with Kuroda. Like someone else said though could you not move Verlander i know there are a few people in some leagues of mine that love him. Maybe you could find someone.

Mickey4081

#11 Post by Mickey4081 »

I wouldn't drop Verlander over those guys. Isn't he still hitting mid 90's on the gun?