2023 flyer

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

2023 flyer

#1 Post by CubFan »

Feet to the fire...who would you choose between a $1 Kirilloff or $1 Carpenter for 2023? This is a 12-team AL only 5x5 keeper league using OBP with $260 draft day budget. We all know that Kirilloff has had major issues with his wrist and latest surgery shortened his ulna bone. There is little medical evidence to show how an athlete responds to this type of surgery. Besides the wrist issue he supposedly was having a problem with his approach and maybe swing plane. Carpenter is a bit long in tooth and looked washed up until he sought Votto's advice during the off season. He changed his swing and it's tailor made of Yankee's short left field porch. Yankees are said to want him back. I'd image he'd be on the strong side of a platoon.

We don't declare keepers till a few weeks before a late March draft so there'd be time to assess who my keepers are. So....Kirilloff, Carpenter or neither?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2023 flyer

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Carpenter is unsigned, so it would matter the team and best guess at role.

I would only keep either if I had no other option at all as a keeper. I don't like giving up the opportunity cost of the roster spot.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord