trade advise looked for

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

trade advise looked for

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

4x4 12 team al only league- not a keeper league

i am long hr and short SB- being offered a $18 gomez for my $15 jack cust- (it was orginally for my $12 l scott- but he backed off at the last min and asked for cust instead) cust could hit 35 hr this year- gomez has BA risk to lose his job but seems safe since hes their best defensive CF despite his weak start.

i would have rather traded scott but that no dice- i think it is a trade i should do- any advise?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: trade advise looked for

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Personally, I think it is a bit early to start balancing categories, epsecially in a keeper, if there is ANY risk involved. Doubly so if it is SB you are acquiring, as that is the easiest to pick up later. One power guy goes down and now you are short on HR and RBI and what appears to be strength becomes weakness.

Others may disagree, and this calls in our extended Delmon Young discussions, but playing time for Gomez is NOT a sure thing if he struggles as there are viable alternatives, while Cust is basically a lock for 500 plate appearances.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

Re: trade advise looked for

#3 Post by somerandomguy »

thanks - makes sense- - would you trade overbay for gomez?
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13